Find FAQ by section
Related FAQ results
Subtitles via Watch Live are supported on most of our programming and platforms (Amazon, Roku, iOS, Android and within a web browser) however not everything will carry subtitles either because none are available or, as in the case of some of our older content, because the subtitle format is not compatible (e.g Everybody Loves Raymond, Frasier, etc.). If subtitles are available, an 'S' button will be visible on screen.
If you are having any issues with the subtitles via Watch Live please get in touch via our CONTACT US form.
The minimum operating requirements for each platform are described below.
Accessing All 4+
All 4+ is available across all devices and the same minimum requirements as accessing All 4 apply. To sign up log into your account and select account settings.
Accessing All 4 online at www.All4.com:
In order to watch All 4 you will need:
- A laptop or desktop with Microsoft Windows or OSX (Mac) operating system
- A broadband internet connection
One of our recommended browsers:
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Microsoft Edge (latest version)
- Safari (latest version)
You can access the mobile website and browse our catalogue of content on:
- Mobile and tablet devices with an internet connection
Please note: Internet Explorer 11 is no longer being supported. To continue watching All 4 we would strongly suggest that you update to one of the browsers above.
All 4 iPhone and iPad apps:
- A broadband internet connection connected to your device
- HDMI compatible TV
- A relevant account or subscription to access device features/content
Download our free All 4 app for iOS by visiting the iTunes app store (opens in a new window) from your device
All 4 Android apps:
Use your Android or iOS device, or the Chrome browser on your computer, to cast All 4 content directly to your TV.
TVs, Consoles and Set Top Boxes:
All 4 is available on the following devices:
PS4, Windows 10, XBoxOne, YouView, Roku, Samsung, Amazon Fire, FreeviewPlay, Now TV, Sky, Virgin Media.
In order to view on any device you will need:
- iOS 10.3+
- The All 4 app on Android app is only available with an internet connection unless you have downloaded our programmes to watch offline; you can browse and watch video using 3G/4G or Wi-Fi connectivity.
- You need Android OS 5.0 and above. For security reasons, rooted devices are not supported.
We take accessibility seriously and whilst we aim to subtitle as much content as possible, unfortunately, not everything on All 4 will carry subtitles. In particular, this could be some of our older content that was subtitled live on our linear services or where the version of a programme on All 4 differs to the one originally broadcast. Subtitles are supported on most of our platforms and we are committed to continuing to extend accessibility on All 4 where possible.
iOS devices have a number of built in accessibility features within the settings menu. To access these settings, go to settings, general and select accessibility.
Not found the answer you were looking for?