Find FAQ by section
Related FAQ results
This is due to Adobe Flash no longer being supported, and Microsoft now dropping support of Internet Explorer 11.
We would strongly suggest you update to one of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
We take accessibility seriously and whilst we aim to subtitle as much content as possible, unfortunately, not everything on All 4 will carry subtitles. In particular, this could be some of our older content that was subtitled live on our linear services or where the version of a programme on All 4 differs to the one originally broadcast. Subtitles are supported on most of our platforms and we are committed to continuing to extend accessibility on All 4 where possible.
Click on the "S" button in the video player (once the ads have played) and subtitles for the programme will load. If the "S" button is not displayed, this means that there are no subtitles for that programme available.
If you want to change the size of what you see in Windows, you have two options. You can change the size of what is on screen or change the resolution. Changing the size is usually the best option.Open Start , select Settings > System > Display.
Under Scale and layout, check the setting under Change the size of text, apps, and other items. We suggest you use the percentage marked "(Recommended)."
If that doesn't solve your problem, under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked "(Recommended)."
Note: If your resolution was fine and recently changed (things appear huge, for example), your graphics driver might need to be updated. Run Windows Update to get the latest driver. If it's just the size of things in your web browser windows that changed, try pressing the Ctrl+0 (zero) keys to return the zoom level to 100%.
Changing the size of the All 4 Player screen:
You can watch programmes in small, medium or full-screen view by clicking on the icons in the bottom right hand corner of the All 4 player. This will give options for the 'Pop out player' as well as 'Full screen'.
It is not currently possible to view a video in the browser using the main All4.com site, as currently, this will force a user to view a programme using the All 4 native app player. However, it is possible to use the site to find out about other ways of watching a programme of your choice.
- Double tap on an item in the menu to select an item such as 'My 4' or 'All 4 homepage'.
- Swipe left or right to locate a programme of your choice.
- Use the double tap gesture to enter the programme page.
- Swipe left or right to select an episode.
- Double tap on your chosen episode.
- Choose the link 'How to watch'. This page provides information on how to download the All4.com app.
The minimum operating requirements for each platform are described below.
Accessing All 4+
All 4+ is available across all devices and the same minimum requirements as accessing All 4 apply. To sign up log into your account and select account settings.
Accessing All 4 online at www.All4.com:
In order to watch All 4 you will need:
- A laptop or desktop with Microsoft Windows or OSX (Mac) operating system
- A broadband internet connection
One of our recommended browsers:
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Microsoft Edge (latest version)
- Safari (latest version)
You can access the mobile website and browse our catalogue of content on:
- Mobile and tablet devices with an internet connection
Please note: Internet Explorer 11 is no longer being supported. To continue watching All 4 we would strongly suggest that you update to one of the browsers above.
All 4 iPhone and iPad apps:
- A broadband internet connection connected to your device
- HDMI compatible TV
- A relevant account or subscription to access device features/content
Download our free All 4 app for iOS by visiting the iTunes app store (opens in a new window) from your device
All 4 Android apps:
Use your Android or iOS device, or the Chrome browser on your computer, to cast All 4 content directly to your TV.
TVs, Consoles and Set Top Boxes:
All 4 is available on the following devices:
PS4, Windows 10, XBoxOne, YouView, Roku, Samsung, Amazon Fire, FreeviewPlay, Now TV, Sky, Virgin Media.
In order to view on any device you will need:
- iOS 10.3+
- The All 4 app on Android app is only available with an internet connection unless you have downloaded our programmes to watch offline; you can browse and watch video using 3G/4G or Wi-Fi connectivity.
- You need Android OS 5.0 and above. For security reasons, rooted devices are not supported.
Not found the answer you were looking for?