Find FAQ by section
Related FAQ results
For users who have visual impairments, VoiceOver will read content on the screen and also provide a highly visible focus indicator which may be useful if you have limited vision. There are also features to adjust the colour and contrast of the screen and high contrast keyboards available. Presently the screen size of the app cannot be zoomed with standard gestures although there is a magnifier window within the accessibility settings that works with the app and text size can also be increased.
It is not currently possible to view a video in the browser using the main channel4.com site, as currently, this will force a user to view a programme using the Channel 4 native app player. However, it is possible to use the site to find out about other ways of watching a programme of your choice.
- Double tap on an item in the menu to select an item such as 'My 4' or 'Channel 4 homepage'.
- Swipe left or right to locate a programme of your choice.
- Use the double tap gesture to enter the programme page.
- Swipe left or right to select an episode.
- Double tap on your chosen episode.
- Choose the link 'How to watch'. This page provides information on how to download the channel4.com app.
VoiceOver is a free screen reading software package which is built-in to iOS devices including IPad, IPhone, IPod touch and apple TV. It is designed to assist people with little or no sight to navigate the content of the screen. Setting up VoiceOver on an IOS device
Take the following steps to activate VoiceOver on your apple device;
- Go to settings;
- Choose general settings;
- Then choose Accessibility settings; Select VoiceOver and tap the screen to Switch VoiceOver on. Note: it is possible to activate VoiceOver by using Siri by pressing the home button and giving the instruction 'Switch VoiceOver on'.
When VoiceOver has been switched on, it is possible to make changes to the speed of VoiceOver. This can be done by taking the following steps;
- Choose rate
- Swipe up towards the speaker or downwards towards the home screen to change the rate of VoiceOver. You will hear the information in the form of percentages for example, 60 per cent.
Not found the answer you were looking for?