Find FAQ by section
Related FAQ results
The minimum operating requirements for each platform are described below.
Accessing All 4+
All 4+ is available across all devices and the same minimum requirements as accessing All 4 apply. To sign up log into your account and select account settings.
Accessing All 4 online at www.All4.com:
In order to watch All 4 you will need:
- A laptop or desktop with Microsoft Windows or OSX (Mac) operating system
- A broadband internet connection
One of our recommended browsers:
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Microsoft Edge (latest version)
- Safari (latest version)
You can access the mobile website and browse our catalogue of content on:
- Mobile and tablet devices with an internet connection
Please note: Internet Explorer 11 is no longer being supported. To continue watching All 4 we would strongly suggest that you update to one of the browsers above.
All 4 iPhone and iPad apps:
- A broadband internet connection connected to your device
- HDMI compatible TV
- A relevant account or subscription to access device features/content
Download our free All 4 app for iOS by visiting the iTunes app store (opens in a new window) from your device
All 4 Android apps:
Use your Android or iOS device, or the Chrome browser on your computer, to cast All 4 content directly to your TV.
TVs, Consoles and Set Top Boxes:
All 4 is available on the following devices:
PS4, Windows 10, XBoxOne, YouView, Roku, Samsung, Amazon Fire, FreeviewPlay, Now TV, Sky, Virgin Media.
In order to view on any device you will need:
- iOS 10.3+
- The All 4 app on Android app is only available with an internet connection unless you have downloaded our programmes to watch offline; you can browse and watch video using 3G/4G or Wi-Fi connectivity.
- You need Android OS 5.0 and above. For security reasons, rooted devices are not supported.
For users who have visual impairments, VoiceOver will read content on the screen and also provide a highly visible focus indicator which may be useful if you have limited vision. There are also features to adjust the colour and contrast of the screen and high contrast keyboards available. Presently the screen size of the app cannot be zoomed with standard gestures although there is a magnifier window within the accessibility settings that works with the app and text size can also be increased.
VoiceOver is a free screen reading software package which is built-in to iOS devices including IPad, IPhone, IPod touch and apple TV. It is designed to assist people with little or no sight to navigate the content of the screen. Setting up VoiceOver on an IOS device
Take the following steps to activate VoiceOver on your apple device;
- Go to settings;
- Choose general settings;
- Then choose Accessibility settings; Select VoiceOver and tap the screen to Switch VoiceOver on. Note: it is possible to activate VoiceOver by using Siri by pressing the home button and giving the instruction 'Switch VoiceOver on'.
When VoiceOver has been switched on, it is possible to make changes to the speed of VoiceOver. This can be done by taking the following steps;
- Choose rate
- Swipe up towards the speaker or downwards towards the home screen to change the rate of VoiceOver. You will hear the information in the form of percentages for example, 60 per cent.
It is not currently possible to watch a programme on the channel4.com mobile site. However, you will be given the option to open or download the app. If you already have the app installed, choosing this option will open the app and enable you to catch-up or stream a programme. If you choose to download the app, you will be redirected to the apple store.
The All 4 player on channel4.com is keyboard and screen reader accessible, and works with JAWS 15 or greater, as well as NVDA. It is recommended to use Jaws 18 and above with Chrome or NVDA with Firefox.
As well as controls to operate the video, the player may also contain one or more screens such as age confirmation or login to view restricted content. Please follow the provided details and instructions to complete these steps.
Navigating through screens and using the controls:
TAB – cycles forward through screen options and control buttons
SHIFT + TAB - cycles backward through screen options and control buttons
SPACEBAR or ENTER – activate control / button / link NB: If using JAWS you will need to ensure that the Virtual PC Cursor is switched off (Insert + Z).
Audio description is currently available on some content on the Android app, represented by an 'AD' icon within the playback menu. This will allow audio feedback for visually impaired users giving extra description of what is happening on screen, sometimes during the dialogue. Select the logo to enable audio description.
iPhone and iPad now support AD on streaming content. Where available, there will be an AD button displayed on the player.
Audio description is currently supported on the All4.com website, a number of Android mobile and tablet apps. iPhone and iPad now support AD on streaming content. Where available there will be an AD button displayed on the player.
We are looking to roll this service out on to more of our platforms as soon as possible.
Not found the answer you were looking for?