- The following rules (“Rules”) apply to the Stand Up To Cancer Prize Draws (“Prize Draws”) which are open for entry from 10:00 UK time on 14 October 2021 to 12:00 UK time on 19th November 2021 (the “Entry Period”). Entries received outside the Entry Period will not be entered. The Prize Draws are a collaboration between Cancer Research UK and Channel 4 Television (the “Promoters”). Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666), the Isle of Man (1103) and Jersey (247).
- Anyone who enters (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules and will be bound by them.
How to enter the Prize Draws
- There are THREE separate Prize Draws, with one prize available to be won in each Prize Draw (full details of each prize below).
- To enter the prize draw to win a car the Entrant must send a text message with the word CAR to 84044.
- To enter the prize draw to win a £4,000 holiday voucher the Entrant must send a text message with the word SUN to 84044.
- To enter the prize draw to win a 2-night stay in a 5* hotel the Entrant must send a text message with the word SUITE to 84044.
- Text messages will be charged at your standard network charge (based on your service provider rates).
- You can enter a Prize Draw using this SMS service from a UK mobile only. You cannot enter using this service from the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobiles. If you enter using this service from a UK mobile when you are outside England, Scotland, Wales or Norther Ireland, you may incur additional network charges levied and retained by your network operator.
- You may enter each Prize Draw a maximum of four times. Each time, you will receive a free bounce back text message informing you that a voluntary donation of £10 to Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign will be taken automatically 60 minutes after the time the entry text was received, unless you reply with the word CANCEL before 60 minutes has passed. You will not be charged for this text message.
- The £10 donation will be taken from the mobile phone used to enter the Prize Draw and 100% of the donation will go to Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order for your Prize Draw entry to be valid. Anyone who replies CANCEL to the first bounce back message and thereby opts out of donating £10 in support of the Stand Up to Cancer campaign will still be entered into the Prize Draw subject to rule 9. If you decide to donate, this will show on your mobile bill as a charge of £10.00.
- The Promoters do not accept responsibility for any damage or loss resulting from entry in any of the Prize Draws. The Promoters shall also not be liable for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay the sending or receipt of an entry, including (but not limited to) technical faults such as network or software failures. Late, damaged, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not complying with these Rules, will not be valid. If your keyword or short code are invalid, or your text message is received outside the times and dates specified for the Prize Draws, you will not receive a bounce-back message but may still be charged your standard network message charge. You will not be donating to Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign nor will you have entered the Prize Draw.
- You must be aged 18 or over and a UK resident enter any of the Prize Draws. Employees of the Promoters and any subsidiary companies, and any other third party directly connected with the Prize Draws, together with their immediate family members and or personal partners are not permitted to enter.
- Entries must be made directly by the person entering the Prize Draws. Third party, bulk and/or automated applications shall not be accepted. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if they have reasonable grounds to believe the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of the Rules.
- The Promoters reserve the right to request evidence of eligibility, including the identity and age of any entrant.
Prize descriptions and prize rules
CAR PRIZE DRAW
- A new BMW I01 i3 in ‘Caparis White with Blue Highlight’, ‘comfort package’ with standard features, including 3 years manufacturing warranty, the registration fee and fully charged (electric). The car is exempt for road tax purposes. The car can be delivered to the winner’s selected address (Mainland UK only) or can be collected from a BMW Stratstone Dealership. The prize provider will use reasonable endeavours to ensure the delivery of the car or availability for collection within three (3) months of winner notification subject to the winner or other nominated person (if applicable) providing such information and signing such documentation as is necessary for delivery or collection and registration including the provision of identification, evidence of motor vehicle insurance, a valid driver’s licence and such other information as may reasonably be required. However please note that delivery/availability for collection may be subject to delay due to the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic. The insurance (including for any additional drivers), maintenance, MOTs and running costs of the car will be the responsibility of the winner from the time of collection or delivery of the car along with all other costs associated with taking up the prize. The winner may nominate another person to collect or take delivery of the car or for registration purposes and such person must provide all information and documentation as described in these Rules.
TRAVEL GIFT CARD PRIZE DRAW
- A ‘TUI Travel Gift Card’ to the value £4,000 which can be used as full or part payment for travel products at all TUI travel shops, tui.co.uk and firstchoice.co.uk. The gift card is valid until 30 June 2025 meaning that the prize must be booked before this date. Terms and conditions apply to the use of the travel gift card as set out at https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/info/tui-gift-cards. Upon booking their trip, the winner will be bound by and subject to Tui’s booking terms and conditions for package holidays which are available at https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/info/booking-terms-and-conditions. When contacted by the Promoters, the winner must provide the Promoters with a valid address for delivery of the Gift Card and the gift card will then be posted to the winner within 20 days and will need to be signed for on delivery.
TWO NIGHT STAY PRIZE DRAW
- A 2-night stay for 2 people in a suite at the 5* Great Scotland Yard Hotel in London inclusive of breakfast and two welcome cocktails at the Elephant Bar. The prize is valid until 31 December 2022, meaning the prize must be booked and taken before this date, and is subject to availability (of the winner, their guest and the hotel). Upon being contacted by the Promoters, the winner will need to provide their contact details including email address which the Promoters will provide to Secret Escapes. Secret Escapes will then email the winner promptly to provide them with details on how to book their stay and the winner needs to make their arrangements directly with Secret Escapes. The winner is responsible for making and paying for all travel arrangements to take up the prize. Where any of the winner’s companions are aged under 18 years old, the companion must have prior parental or guardian permission to accompany the winner when taking up the Prize.
- Each winner is responsible for organising and paying for all associated arrangements and costs that are not specifically stated in these Rules. The winner is also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using any prize.
- Unless stated otherwise in the relevant prize description, each prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available at the request of the winner. In the event of circumstances beyond the Promoters control, the Promoters reserve the right to substitute the prizes for similar prizes of equal or greater value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of the prizes.
- By participating, Entrants agree that the prizes are awarded on an “as is” basis and that the Promoters make no representations nor give any warranties of any nature in relation to the prizes.
- The provision of any prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoters of any third parties concerned in any way with the Prize Draws.
- Each prize is taken at the winner’s and their guest’s (if applicable) own risk. In so far as permitted by law, the Promoters will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or their guests or accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of using and/or taking up (or failing to use and/or take up) any prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoters or their employees. Each entrant acknowledges that receipt and use of the prizes is also subject to the UK government’s COVID-19 guidelines from time to time.
- The winner of each Prize Draw will be the first valid entry selected at random by a random computer process from all valid entries received during the Entry Period. The draw for all prizes will take place on 24 November 2021 (“Draw Date”).
- The winners will be contacted by phone by the Promoters on the Draw Date. If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond to communications within 7 days of notification their prize will be forfeited and the Promoters reserve the right to select another winner. Once contacted the winners will have three (3) months to provide all the necessary information in order for the prize to be fulfilled. Failure to provide this information may result in the prize being forfeited. The Promoters’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each winner will be required to provide certain information in order to assist the Promoters in arranging the prize as described in the prize description. Further details will be explained when the winner is notified.
- If you are a UK taxpayer, your donation may be eligible for Gift Aid. This means Cancer Research UK can claim an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate. Cancer Research UK may contact you by text on the mobile number you used to enter to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation (if any). If you are sent a link to a page where you can submit your details then, as with any mobile browsing, you may incur charges from your network provider. If you are asked to text those details, then a standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) will be incurred. You can access the Gift Aid form HERE
- The Promoters of the Prize Draws are Cancer Research UK and Channel 4. Prizes are provided by:
- For the Car - Pendragon Plc, registered company number 02034195
- For the Travel Gift Card - TUI UK Limited, registered company number 02830117
- For the Two Night Stay - Secret Escapes Limited, registered company number 07026107
- The winner of each Prize Draw acknowledges that the Promoters may request their consent to participate in promotional activity and material relating to the Prize Draw. However, for the avoidance of doubt neither entry into the Prize Draw nor the likelihood of the entrant being the prize winner are conditional upon consent being given.
- The surname and county of the winner of each Prize Draw will be published at www.standuptocancer.org.uk/whats-happening/stand-up-to-cancer-prize-draws. If the winner objects to this information being made available, they should inform the Promoters upon winner notification. In such cases, the Promoters will not make the winner’s details available to members of the public but the winner acknowledges that the Promoters may still be required to share winner details with the Advertising Standards Authority or Ofcom (as applicable).
- The Promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend Prize Draws or the Rules (including the eligibility requirements) at their sole discretion with or without prior notice: (i) in the event of any occurrence outside the Promoters reasonable control; (ii) to ensure the Prize Draws are run fairly; and (iii) to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidance (and the Promoters will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants).
- The text service, randomised draw and donation service is provided by Fonix Mobile PLC, of 23 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BQ.
- If you are having problems using the text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly please email email@example.com.
- Your information (mobile phone number and amount of donation (if any)) will be collected by Fonix Mobile PLC on behalf of the Promoters and will only be used to process your donation, provide receipts, process any refunds as necessary. If you are a randomly selected as the winner, Fonix will share your information with the Promoters in order to let you know you have won and to administer the prize. Cancer Research UK and its subcontractors will use your personal data to administer donations made (including without limitation for the purposes of Gift Aid).
- These Rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.